July 10, 2020
Dear Exalted Rulers, Members, and Lodge Sweethearts,
Homecoming 2020 will be the weekend of September 18-19 at the Children’s camp in Ottine, TX. The purpose of Homecoming is to have fun, renew friendships, make new friends, and raise money for our state major projects: the Texas Elks Camp and Texas Elks Grants for children with special needs.
In an effort to make the Homecoming 2020 experience a fun one for everybody, the following guidelines were developed from input based on previous years. All Sweetheart tables will be located outside under the pavilion awning. Tables are on a first come basis. Each Sweetheart will receive (1) 8 foot table. Sweethearts may begin selling at Noon on Friday. Booth hours are Friday 12:00 to 5:00 and Saturday 9:00 to 2:00. Signs with diagrams will be posted at the front and back of the pavilion with table assignments to make it easier to find Lodge Sweethearts. At 2 PM Saturday all raffles and silent auctions must be closed, and winners announced.
This year I would like to invite each Sweetheart to also set up a game in the grass out front or between the pavilion and the camp so we can provide a more festive feel and create some energy! Feel free to set up a canopy and provide a fun game for everyone to participate in and raise additional funds as well.
This year we are recommending all Sweethearts take credit cards at the booth and for the Live Auction items. The Camp will provide a credit card machine for available for the live auction for those that do not have one. An ATM will be delivered and set up in the lobby. Also, look into payment by Venmo or Zelle. When you arrive and check in for your table we will ask you if you will be accepting credit cards at your booth and for your Live Auction item. If you need more information about credit cards or other forms of digital payment, please call or email me: email@example.com or 817-235-5221. Remember there are fees associated with credit cards, so plan accordingly.
The following information is in the Homecoming Sweethearts Guidelines:
- Once the table is set up, you are responsible for items on that table.
- Please bring only ONE item for the live auction (at least $100.00 value.) Please provide us with a written description of your item and a minimum starting bid if desired. We are not responsible for your live auction item until after check-in begins on Saturday around 10 AM.
- You can do raffles, games, silent auction or have items for sale. No alcohol can be sold by the drink. Only bottles of wine or liquor can be used at your booth.
- All raffles MUST be completed and the winner announced, PRIOR to the start of the Live Auction.
- You are responsible for collecting payment for all items at your table.
- At the end of the day return the provided tally sheet(s) to Bev Vesper in order to compute the total amount raised during Homecoming weekend. Please be patient and listen closely to directions from Bev Vesper who oversees the Live Auction.
All proceeds raised by a Lodge Sweetheart during Homecoming go to their Lodge Sweetheart program and are applied to their Lodge total.
Note: All auction winners pay for each auction item separately, regardless of the form of payment used. This year a payment station will be set up near the bathrooms under the pavilion. The purchaser and the Lodge Sweetheart will meet there to complete the transaction. This will enable us to process the payment and forms more quickly with minimal wait time after the close of the Live Auction.
Our goal this year is for every Lodge Sweetheart in Texas take advantage of this opportunity to raise funds for our state major project. Please participate by representing your Lodge with a table, game and a Live Auction item. If you cannot attend, please send a representative from your Lodge. I encourage everyone to join us for the festivities!
Interlodge Activities and Red Pig Chairman