Texas Elks Grants for Children with Special Needs
We’d love to have you join us in the great works that Elks do around Texas and around the country.
Those devices eligible for consideration fall under four categories:
- Replace missing body parts, such as limbs or eyes.
- Restore body part functions such as hearing aids, telephonic equipment, bracing devices for spines or limbs, and,
- Adaptive/ assistive devices for health, safety of the basic functioning or enhancing the quality of life, such as scaling equipment, positioning equipment, mobility equipment, integration equipment, and adaptive/assistive forms of technology.
- Other items/services deemed appropriate by local lodges.
Eligibility criteria are written to be as inclusive as possible. All children having special needs will be considered for grant assistance providing the following criteria are met:
- A resident of Texas.
- Up to 18 years of age or extended to 21 years of age, if still enrolled in school.
- Whose special needs are neither fully covered by a private or public insurance carrier.
- Whose special needs are not fully met by either a state and/or federal agency,
- Whose special needs are not fully met by another grant program, and,
- Whose financial needs justify assistance.
APPLICATION PROCESS PROCEDURE
Application for these grants begin at the local Lodge and is evaluated by a Special Committee led by the Lodge’s leadership. The applications are approved by the Lodge. After approval, the Lodge forwards the application to TECSI for final processing, verification and fund certification.
GRANT AWARD NOTIFICATION
Application feedback will be routinely given in a timely manner to all appropriate parties, and specifically to the referring Lodge. All Lodges will be notified of the results of the application process.
If you do not know the location of the Elks Lodge nearest you click this link and do a quick search here.
You can also write or call us at:
Texas Elks Children’s Services, Inc.
1963 F.M. 1586
Gonzales, TX 78629
Texas Elks Children’s Services also offers the Texas Elks Summer Camp for special needs children.
Inquiries or additional information may be obtained by visiting www.texaselkscamp.com or calling Texas Elks Children’s Services at (800) 880-7561. An Application may be downloaded at www.texaselkscamp.com